About Our Mission
Charlottesville Pride Community Network exists:
To create a vibrant, visible, and inclusive LGBTQ community presence in Charlottesville, Albemarle, and the surrounding region that promotes equality through events, education, outreach, and advocacy.
Our goals include to:
- Provide a clear, coherent entry point for persons new to the area or new to the community (just coming out) who need services, support, community
- Connect the groups and sub-communities that often aren’t working in conjunction or aware of each other’s existence, for communication and support
- Give the Pride community visibility in the Charlottesville region, raising awareness of our presence and the politics at stake
- Inspire folks to end a tendency to self-repress
- Throw fabulous events that bring us all together
Policies & Public Statements: FAQs
Ever wonder why we do what we do, when, or how? Here’s a few answers:
- Why we have a Pride festival (and not a parade)
- Why we have Pride in September (not June)
- Priorities and policies in how we function
- Why we don’t pay performers (or anyone)
Who Are We: The People of the Cville Pride
Cville Pride does not, at this time, have paid staff or a location. We’re an all-volunteer crew, most of us with full-time jobs, families, and other obligations.
Meet the members of the executive board.
We are a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization.
Questions? Contact us.