The 8th annual Cville Pride Festival was – to quote a few of you – awesome.
But what did you think? Let us know: take a quick survey.
The festival by the numbers*:
- Over 9,500 people attended
- 74 generous vendors provided resources, merch, & services (over 100 signed up, but we couldn’t fit everyone in!)
- 24 incredible sponsors helped make this possible – not including our friends at the Charlottesville Radio Co-op!
- Over 50 performers graced the festival stage with gifts of dance, music, and drag performance
- About 175 volunteers of all ages worked at all hours of the day and night to set up, take down, serve, pitch in, haul, point, paint, organize, run, lift, and jump
- Vendors, performers, and attendees traveled from all over Virginia as well as from Kentucky, Maryland, Pennsylvania, D.C., and North Carolina to come to the festival – and New York if you count Kate Bornstein! – for a total of 6 states represented
- Over 40 people gathered at the annual LGBTQ Business Cocktails gathering at The Graduate
- Around 35 folks showed up at The Pie Chest for Trans Night Out
- 60 people saw the Strange Fish play reading at Live Arts
- 70 family members came to the Rainbow Rumpus Saturday morning, hosted by the Jefferson-Madison Regional Library
- Kate Bornstein’s talk at UVA on Friday night brought in a crowd of 70 plus
- 100 or so youth and parents came to the Youth Pride Picnic
- 1 new LGBTQ liaison with the Charlottesville City Police
And every single iota of support and love made the day the joyful celebration it was.
T H A N K Y O U!!! This is YOUR festival! And you all made it AMAZING!
*numbers at the festival assessed with wristband distribution. All other counts are unofficial estimates.